The pedal cranks are a lot wider to prevent the pedals from hitting the motor which is situated just in front of the pedals, low down on the frame. This location is where the system is very efficient, however, the drawback is that the pedal width is actually too wide for me and feels uncomfortable.
I'm a little concerned with this, as it might be wider than my physical requirements. I'm reasonably small (168cm and slim). I hope it does not lead to an injury with poor alignment of my knees and hips.
Left crank thread too tight - When I received the new bike, with the eBike kit pre-installed, I started to set up the components not attached box. I attached the strap style bike pedals to the eBike installed cranks. Screwing in the pedal was quite tight. Later, I swapped the cleat pedals from my old bike into the eBike. Again, the thread appeared very tight to screw. In fact the thread of the crank became shredded, although unbeknown at the time. It was discovered a week or so later when the pedal all but fell off on the way home one day. It could not be unscrewed, although I managed to rip it out eventually.
There was debate with eLation whether it was my pedal, which might have had some damage to its thread, which may have worsened by the tight fitting crank. The pedal was fine on the older bike. Thankfully eLation provided a replacement crank.
I bought a new pedal set and successfully installed it to the replacement crank, however the crank thread was again very tight. Maybe the crank thread is minutely too small.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment